Our pics

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day at the Zoo



I intended to post this blog before we left for Utah for 10 Thanksgiving, but never got around to it. Anyways, I remembered to bring my camera to the zoo with us, and was able to get a few good pics! Plus, the story is kinda funny too.

On Friday (the day before we were leaving to fly to Utah), Tyler and I went to the Zoo with my friend Heather and her 3 adorable little girls. The Zoo is not very close to our house, so we don't go there often. In fact this was Tyler's first time. After I got him all packed to go, I was only running 15 minutes behind! So I stuffed him in the car, and we were off. As I was pulling out of the garage, I thought to myself, you better check to make sure you didn't leave the stroller behind. I was in a hurry, so I scanned the garage, and made sure it wasn't there, assuming the only other place it would be was in my car.

When we got to the zoo, I went around to the back of my Jeep to pull out my stroll. I was shocked! The stroller was MISSING! At this moment I just about screamed. No way! I checked the garage, and I knew I did not take it our of my car. I immediately called Brandon to yell at him for ruining my afternoon, because he obviously had taken the stroller out. Who else would have moved it? He said that he had not touched the stroller, and if it wasn't in my car, and I didn't take it out, then maybe it had been stolen. Oh great! I mean, come on, who steals a stroller!

The day was not a complete bust. The zoo, has strollers to rent for $5. For that price you'd think the straps would at least latch, but NO. anyways. WE had fun looking at the animal, and we also saw Diego (of Go Diego, Go) at the discovery barn.



Now back to the missing stroller. On my way home I got to thinking. Could I have possibly left the stroller after shopping? No. I would have run over it for sure, since I always park it right behind me when I load up. When I got home i scoured the garage on more time. No stroller. I guess some one did steal it. I thought back through the week. The last time I saw the stroller was on Wednesday, when we went shopping at Town Center (an outdoor shopping center). So before I went and bought another stroller, I decided to call Town Center security, and just see if they had found a stray stroller. Well, sure enough, one of the security guards had picked one up and had been driving around with it in the back of his BMW SUV (ridiculous). I felt pretty stupid. Who leaves a stroller in the parking lot anyways! I guess I'm just lucky Tyler wasn't in it! =)

2 comments:

Kerry said...

That is a great story! I am so glad you found your stroller! and i am glad you were able to rent one at least!

Rachel said...

Kenzi, that is hilarious!

We left our stroller in the airport parking lot along with the diaper bag which had MY WALLET IN IT! I'm fuzzy on the details because it was over 2 years ago, but I do remember the only reason we got it back that night was because the mall security guard called our house. He hunted us down because he had been worried there was foul play involved due to all the personal items left behind. If he hadn't called, who knows how long it would have taken me to find it? Probably would have taken a trip to the zoo for me too. :)

Who leaves a stroller in the parking lot? Um, we both do.