Our pics

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ear Drama



I took Tyler to the pediatrician the other day for a re-check on his ear infection and received the dreaded news. Dr. Monzon told us that he wanted Tyler to see and ENT to decide if tubes needed to be put in his ears. This was his 4th ear infection (that we know of), and he has been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. The infection cleared up, but he still has clear fluid in his ears that could turn to infection anytime. As if I don't have enough with the baby coming, now this!

Poor guy! Like I said this is the 4th infection that we know of. He is such a little trooper; he never pulls at his ears to let me know they hurt.

1. Found @ well visit
2. Found during hospital stay for roto virus
3. Ear drum ruptured before I knew about it
4. This last visit was mothers intuition

He was only a little cranky and had a runny nose. I thought for sure I was being one of those crazy parents who goes to the doctor for every little cold. Lucky me I was right, and didn't have to feel like an idiot. But who wants to be right about something like this?

3 comments:

Naomi & Greg said...

isn't it tough when your kids are sick. I've known so many little ones who have had multiple ear infections, had tubes, and then were so much better...but that is still scary, worrisome, tiring, etc. I hate being in Dr's offices for the kids...we just had to wait two hours before being called back for Vaughn and Lucy's renal ultrasounds.

Olivia W. said...

hey Kenzi! saw your blog on jenny's...your family is so cute! sorry to hear about the ear drama, we've been dealing with aidan having recurring infections and hearing loss just this year. weird, because he never had ear infections as a baby. good luck with that, and GOOD LUCK tomorrow! best wishes for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!

The Lassen Family said...

Go for the tubes!! Jakob was the same way with the "silent ear infections". The "surgery" was very minor and the hardest part was not letting him eat in the morning. It was so great not having to deal with the infections and meds anymore :)
congrats on baby gavin!