Our pics

Thursday, August 14, 2008

New arrival!




Gavin Robert Hardy
8 pounds 3 ounces
20 1/2 inches
8/11/08
6:06 pm

Well the waiting is over. Many of you have received texts and emails with pics already, but here are a few more recent ones and the whole story of his birthday. I was induced on Monday 8/11/08 at around 9:00 am, things went smoothly, and after a great epidural and 1 1/2 hours of pushing baby boy Hardy (name was decided later)arrived. He did have to have some assistance from the doctor and the vacuum, which is why his head was pretty swollen and a little lopsided.
For anyone who heard about my last birthing experience, I'm happy to say this one was 100 times better. I know now that Tyler's birth was as close to natural as one could be with an "epidural". I was worried that maybe epidurals only helped with contractions and none of the rest of the labor and pushing process, but this time my delivery was practically pain free. Yeah!
It took us most of the night to decide on his name, and in the end Brandon won out (with a little negotiating on my part as far as future children's names go) and we decided on Gavin. His middle name was never a question, so that part was easy.
Now that he is here, it's been interesting trying to be a parent of 2 instead of focusing all my attention on one tiny infant. Tyler was not thrilled with the new baby, but he is slowly warming up. On the way to the hospital my sister asked him if he wanted to see mommy and daddy. He said yes. Then she asked if he wanted to see the baby. He said NO! He has spent a few nights with grandma and is always excited to see her. He is still not thrilled with mom and dad, and calls for help from any one passing by when Gavin is around.
P.S. Please excuse my fat puffy face. I'm sure the swelling will go down soon!

4 comments:

Lorilee said...

Congrats to you all!! He is adorable!! I'm so happy everything went bette for you Kenzi! Let me know if you need anything. :)

Rachel said...

Yay! Congrats you guys! Kenzi, I'm so glad you had a pain free experience. I hope you heal quickly too.

Good luck with Tyler. It does get better, but you may not want to leave the baby unsupervised for a while (or ever). ;)

I want to hear what the names you negotiated between were!

Sarah Oman said...

Yeah I am so happy he is here! I bet you feel tons better now. Good luck with two. I still don't know how people have more than one kid.

Drea said...

yeah!! Congrats you guys!! He is so precious. What a cutie! I love his name :)